Subject: Minutes from the OASIS ODF accessibility subcommittee meeting, 15Mar07

Minutes from the OASIS ODF accessibility subcommittee meeting, 15Mar07

Attendees
---------
Janina
Hiro
Tatsuya
Steve
Pete
Peter
Mike
Rich
Dave

I have three topics to suggest for our agenda:

1. Work out our agenda for the face-to-face meeting next week at CSUN
   6-9pm Friday March 23rd, in the Hilton hotel, room "San Lorenzo F"
  -> ODF 1.2 [Peter to ping them on embedded tables in presentations status]
  -> Likely won't talk about our Guidelines document, unless we have Dave's
     changes in the next few days...
  -> Cheiko & Hiro will lead a discussion on presentations

  Folks attending CSUN in person:
  -------------------------------
   Hiro
   Steve
   Pete
   Peter
   Mike
   Rich

  Maybes:
  -------
   Janina

  Potential dial-ins:
  -------------------
   Janina (if not there in person)

2. Animations accessibility - issue has come up in the main TC, and
asked of us
  -> Dave: will put forward for consideration a simple alternative media
discussion
  -> Suggests using complete SMIL (or at least most of it) in order to
get the SMIL
     work on alternate media

3. Draft Guidelines #19
 - incorporates Dave's update to Section 3 (which include his change to
section 3.2.6)
 - incorporates Cheiko's updated glossary
 - incorporates the "new specification template" for OASIS
specifications, as per direction from Michael Brauer
 Find them at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/22957/ODF_Accessibility_Guidelines_19_14Mar2007.odt
and also attached
 -> Rich hopes to address Sue Ann's comments (perhaps on the plane
to/from CSUN)
 -> Rich then suggests we give the document to Mak after Rich's & Dave's
changes

4. Pete Brunet: symposium in San Diego (OASIS)
 -> 10:45am Tue 17April panel "A look at interopreability,
programmability, a11y, and adoption"
 -> Wed 18April workshop for several hours "OpenDocument workshop,
adoptability, a11y, ..."

5. Save-as HTML on agenda
 -> Had occasion to use "Save-as HTML" in OOo.  Fairly impressed with
what came out of OOo except there was no CSS in it (all hardcoded
attributes).  Janina's action is to file a bug.

6. Reports of recent past
 -> Berlin event [Peter]

7. News of ODF implementation work
 -> IBM's Workplace first public beta available for download (version "M4")
    (official name seems to be "Lotus Notes and Domino 8"

http://www-142.ibm.com/software/sw-lotus/products/product4.nsf/wdocs/betapage
 -> Sun's ODF add-in to
    http://www.sun.com/software/star/staroffice/index.jsp

Action items
 - Rich: incorporate Sue Ann's comments into guidelines document
 - Peter: ping ODF TC on status of presentations in tables
 - Peter: ping ODF TC on schedule of ODF 1.2 work
 - Janina: file a bug on OOo "Save-as HTML" to use CSS
 - Dave: will put forward for consideration a simple alternative media
discussion
 - Dave: will try to address Sue Ann's comments by early next week