Subject: ODF Accessibility SC Agenda September 27, 2007

ODF Accessibility SC Agenda September 27, 2007

Please note your open action items. We will discuss these on the call.

Thursday 6Sep; 8am PT / 10am CST/ 11am ET / 4pm GMT / 5pm CET

US: 1-877-421-0030
Toll: 770-615-1247

Toll Free Toll

UK: 0808-234-1969 +44 2070260533

IBM Tie-Line: 421-0030
IBM ITN: 2-421-0030
2-421-0035 from Europe

The passcode is a11yorg aka 2119674.

IRC:
http://irc.oasis-open.org
channel: "&office-accessibility"

I would like to propose for our agenda:

Agenda: September 6 ODF Accessibility SC Meeting

1. Assign scribe and role call
2. Approve August 23 Minutes:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-accessibility/email/archives/200708/msg00023.html
3. Review Open Action Items
4. Discuss Format for Accessibility Guidelines 1.2
5. Request for new reviewer of ODF 1.2 Draft 6

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/25268/OpenDocument-v1.2-draft6.odt

6. Animations - We should discuss animation accessibility soon in our SC - perhaps at our next meeting.  Questions we should explore include ways to tag the animation with ALT text descriptions, suggested UI for authors to do this, guidelines for when animations should be so tagged (does every animation need a description?  is there a way to indicate 'non-informational/decorative animations' as such, so the user knows they exist and knows they needn't care about

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-accessibility/200709/msg00014.html

Open Action Items

1. Do we wish to create the following comparison document (ODF v1.1 Access features)?
Look to WCAG 2.0, TEITAC Content a11y guidelines draft, our own
comparison document, DAISY transformation, Braille generation, our own
experience - to build the list
2. Dave Pawson: look at HTML example on slide #3 of Hiro, to see how we
can encode the "San Jose" stuff in ODF (see Hiro's e-mail

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/group_public/email/office-accessibility/200708/msg00005.html)

4. Chieko to review glossary changes in subcommittee draft #2, reply
with any concerns/edits/changes

(Verify this is done)

5. Peter Korn & Pete Brunet - verify how ATK & IAccessible2 can convey
multiple dis-joint row & column headers (Hiro's slides #8 & #13 from his
e-mail

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/group_public/email/office-accessibility/200708/msg00005.html)
which ODF can encode so long as the headers are in their own groups

(Verify this is done)

5. (From August 23 meeting) - Group Actions

6. (From August 23 meeting) - Janina to create new wording for reload delay (section 3.13.2) which would allow user agents to control the reload delay and to state the
WCAG requirements for content refreshing to prevent seizures. We need wording to provide control over flashing Here are some related links

7. (From August 23 meeting) - Pete Brunet review review section 4.6 of the
ODF 1.2 specification and see how an application should supply tracking change information to an AT. Write proposal on how this should be addressed in the accessibility guidelines

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Chair, IBM Accessibility Architecture Review Board
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/schwer