Subject: Two videos illustrating challenges and ideas for making chartsaccessible

Hi gang,

Earlier today we talked about the challenges in making complex charts
accessible.  Having recently gotten desktop video recording working, I
thought I'd make a couple of video recordings to illustrate both the
nature of the problem with getting at chart data in a spreadsheet, as
well as noting the very straightforward way of getting at the underlying
data of a chart inserted into a word processor document. Something like
this latter user interface would I think work quite well for getting at
chart data generally.

See the two videos at:

 http://mediacast.sun.com/share/korn/chart-accessibility-challenge.ogg
 http://mediacast.sun.com/share/korn/chart-in-writer.behavior.ogg

Note: you will need a video player capable of playing the open source
Ogg Theora format.  I recommend the open source VideoLAN player vlc,
which you can find at: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Regards,

Peter Korn
Accessibility Architect & Principal Engineer,
Sun Microsystems, Inc.