Subject: Re: [office-accessibility] Two videos illustrating challenges and ideas formaking charts accessible

Peter, I'd like to see an example of dijoint ranges.  Can you do that in writer or calc?  In Calc I imagine you could append an additional range spec after $Sheet1.$A$2:$C$4

Also the second link is bad (period instead of dash before behavior).  Here's the correct link:

http://mediacast.sun.com/share/korn/chart-in-writer-behavior.ogg

Pete Brunet

IBM Accessibility Architecture and Development
11501 Burnet Road, MS 9022E004, Austin, TX 78758
Voice: (512) 838-4594, Cell: (512) 689-4155
Ionosphere: WS4G

Peter Korn <Peter.Korn@Sun.COM>
Sent by: Peter.Korn@Sun.COM

08/18/2008 11:11 AM

office-accessibility@lists.oasis-open.org
cc
Subject
[office-accessibility] Two videos illustrating challenges and ideas for making charts accessible

Hi gang,

Earlier today we talked about the challenges in making complex charts
accessible.  Having recently gotten desktop video recording working, I
thought I'd make a couple of video recordings to illustrate both the
nature of the problem with getting at chart data in a spreadsheet, as
well as noting the very straightforward way of getting at the underlying
data of a chart inserted into a word processor document. Something like
this latter user interface would I think work quite well for getting at
chart data generally.

See the two videos at:

http://mediacast.sun.com/share/korn/chart-accessibility-challenge.ogg
http://mediacast.sun.com/share/korn/chart-in-writer.behavior.ogg

Note: you will need a video player capable of playing the open source
Ogg Theora format.  I recommend the open source VideoLAN player vlc,
which you can find at: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Regards,

Peter Korn
Accessibility Architect & Principal Engineer,
Sun Microsystems, Inc.