Subject: ODF radio button groups

My thoughts on radio button groups:

In our previous discussions we very often mixed up 2 things:

1) The button group
2) The label/frame/relation

The button group:
The grouping is done via form:name, and it works independently from any
any other (visual) elements.

The label/frame/relation:
The radio buttons as well as other form controls can be contained in
some form:frame. The form_frame can have some form:for to list all
elements included, but: It can contain multiple radio button groups as
well as other elements.

So for me the frame is only something for visualizing the group, and for
having relations which can be expose via AT or be used by other
processing tools.

I think form:name on the radio button is the only way to define groups.

For the implementor guide lines I would recommend apps to automatically
use the same form:name for all radio buttons in a frame when created by
the author, but allow the author to overwrite.

Only the fact that multiple radio buttons are contained in a frame
doesn't necessarily mean that they have to be treated as a group.

Malte.