Subject: RE: [office-accessibility] OASIS ODF Accessibility SC meeting on Monday October 6th, - with agenda!

Regrets for today. I have another meeting conflict. Sorry, I lost track of our schedule. However, I am following the notes, I am committed to following through coordinating the 1.2 guidelines efforts. And I will be available on the next call for the 20th.

- Mike

Mike Paciello
Cell: +1.603.566.7713

From: Peter.Korn@Sun.COM [mailto:Peter.Korn@Sun.COM]
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2008 2:58 AM
To: office-accessibility@lists.oasis-open.org

Dear Accessibility SC,

[Sorry for the agenda coming late; both Rich and I are rather buried with other pressing matters...]

After a hiatus, we resume our schedule of meetings every other week of the OASIS ODF Accessibility subcommittee, tomorrow/Monday October 6th, at 7am PT / 9am CT / 10am ET / 4pm CET / 11pm Japan time. Please use our usual (and unpublished) dial-in, and our usual IRC channel: &office-accessibility at irc.oasis-open.org

Suggested agenda:

1. Approval of minutes from 25Aug08 meeting (attached, and also at: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-accessibility/200808/msg00029.html)

2. Discussion & plan: Readiness of ODF v1.2 draft for review (and if so, our plan is...)

3. Discussion: Action plan for next rev. of ODF Accessibility Guidelines

4. New action items from last meeting

    * Malte and Peter: Provide input on the above topic of integration of the a11y guidelines into the suite of docs comprising the ODF 1.2 spec.
    * Malte: Provide input on charts backed by disjoint cells:
How does (or how will) OpenOffice provide access to charts backed by disjoint cell ranges either in a single or multiple tables?  If this case be done today, what are the examples?
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/200808/msg00054.html
http://mediacast.sun.com/share/korn/chart-accessibility-challenge.ogg
http://mediacast.sun.com/share/korn/chart-in-writer.behavior.ogg
    * Malte: Provide input on radio button groups

What are the best practices for creating button groups?  There are two tags providing labeling: 1)form:frame and 2) form:fixed-text.  In the latter case, i.e. static text is labeling a group of buttons (rather than the buttons being groups in a form:frame, would you be able to implement an accessible hierarchy (including the proper relations) for a button group?

5. Action item from prior meeting

    * Pete: Ask Symphony team about best practices for radio button groups (see last action item above)
    * Janina to modify accessibility guidelines to state how common field attributes (section 6.7 of the ODF 1.2 spec.) should be supplied to the AT. The field attributes would indicate whether something were a Boolean, Gregorian date, etc.
    * Janina to clarify text in section 3.4
    * Peter to add a new section with guidelines as to how to provide tracking information to ATs.
    * Peter to modify guidelines to ensure applications respond to system font and color settings.
    * Peter will add explanation that this ODF 1.1 OLE embedding for presentation tables is no longer supported and that native ODF tables are used in 1.2
    * Steve Noble to look at formulas specification identify data that would update frequently, such as volatile formula information that would require the Office application to inform the AT of updates sections. Will complete by next meeting.
    * Rich to provide base document for ODF 1.2 change specification (starting with caption-id reference) to Mike Paciello. Mike is to own the requirements document for ODF 1.2 which will be submitted to the ODF TC. Rich is waiting on a decision as to where the ODF schema is to reside (separate or within the base document).

Regards,

Peter Korn
Accessibility Architect & Principal Engineer,
Sun Microsystems, Inc.