Subject: Re: [office-accessibility] ODF radio button groups

I double checked and there is no a11y info for this from Symphony.   I reported a bug to Xing a while back.

Here's what the ODF looks like (with a lot of stuff stripped out).

- <form:form form:name="Standard">
  <form:frame form:name="GroupBox" form:id="control1" form:label="Just a Box/Frame - 2 groups" form:for="control2,control3,control4,control5" />
- <form:radio form:name="RadioGroup1" form:id="control2" form:label="TEST1" > </form:radio>
- <form:radio form:name="RadioGroup1" form:id="control3" form:label="TEST2" > </form:radio>
- <form:radio form:name="RadioGroup2" form:id="control4" form:label="Grp2-A" > </form:radio>
- <form:radio form:name="RadioGroup2" form:id="control5" form:label="Grp2-B" > </form:radio>
  </form:form>

In this case, the AT user would want to hear the role, the text on the button, and the text for the group box.  Of course the UI is not acceptable as is even for a sighted user.  There would need to be some labeling for each of the two button groups to differentiate them.  That text would be spoken between the announcement of the radio button and the outer frame.  The solution would be either:
1) two sub-frames, I assume with a form:for
2) static text labeling each button group, such as a form:for attribute on form:fixed-text.

Malte, Please tweak your test case to add two static text labels labeling the two button groups so we can see how ODF labels them, i.e. during the meeting you mention that labelFor/labelledBy relations would be used but I think the spec indicates that form:fixed-text with a form:for attribute would be used.

Pete Brunet

IBM Accessibility Architecture and Development
11501 Burnet Road, MS 9022E004, Austin, TX 78758
Voice: (512) 838-4594, Cell: (512) 689-4155
Ionosphere: WS4G

Malte Timmermann <Malte.Timmermann@Sun.COM>
Sent by: Malte.Timmermann@Sun.COM

10/06/2008 09:59 AM

office-accessibility@lists.oasis-open.org
cc
Subject
Re: [office-accessibility] ODF radio button groups