Subject: Observations from Tuesday's Change Tracking Discussion

I'd like to thank everyone who attended the subcommittee meeting on
Tuesday.

I was encouraged that we were able to dig down a bit more into the
differences between the two proposals and better understand the
implementation challenges.  Although I do not believe we reached a
consensus on one proposal over another, I also did not get the sense that
further discussion would be futile.  And I did not hear any enthusiasm for
having an immediate vote to decide the question.

So I'd like to encourage the subcommittee to continue discussions on the
topic, on the list and (as needed) via teleconferences.   I don't want
this to drag on for a long period of time.  In particular, I think we need
to have a clear path forward before summer vacation seasons arrives and
our attentions dwindle.  But if we can reach a consensus on one of these
two proposals, or some variation or combination of them, then I think this
will be optimal.

Regards,

-Rob