Subject: IRC log from today's meeting - 2014-01-29

Please find the IRC log of today's meeting below.
Our next meeting will be next year on the 12th of February.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2014&month=02&day=12&hour=15&min=30&sec=0&p1=179&p2=37&p3=136&p4=234&iv=1800

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-collab/event.php?event_id=36615
The teleconference login data for next call will be found in the OASIS calendar event (URL above).

Attendees: John, Oliver, Patrick, Peter, Svante
[16:32] Svante Schubert: Hi everyone
[16:32] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: hello
[16:33] Peter Rakyta- MultiRacio Ltd.: Hi!
[16:34] Svante Schubert: While we are waiting for the others from IRC to join the call.
[16:34] Svante Schubert: Next call on Wednesday, 12 February 2014, 04:30pm to 05:30pm CET
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-collab/event.php?event_id=36615
[16:35] Svante Schubert: This week-end: https://fosdem.org/2014/schedule/track/open_document_editors/
[16:37] Svante Schubert: [16:49] Svante Schubert: Does versioning of documents have to be related to change-tracking?
 [16:50] Svante Schubert: Like if you refuse a certain change, you are breaking up my milestone
 [16:50] Svante Schubert: milestone as the version I sent to the customer
 [16:55] Svante Schubert: So homework is: how is versioning related to change-tracking in your applications!
[16:38] Svante Schubert: Oliver: Not realted. He looked for Text documents. When doing a version, you save the current document into the ODF package (zip)
[16:41] Svante Schubert: That is not within MCT and as LO/AOO not supporting it and John is 99.99% sure it is not part of Word it is not becoming part of a mandatory feature set of the upcoming change-tracking.
[16:42] Svante Schubert: In the future it surely become important as versions are like commits in a distributed revision control as git.
[16:43] Svante Schubert: version are like milestones the user like to get back.
[16:43] Svante Schubert: Someting different:
[16:43] Svante Schubert: I am working atm on the implementation of operations for ODF spreadsheet. Note: Spreadsheets are not part of the MCT proposal, but some things are still notable:
Interesting that in Text and Spreadsheet we (the former StarOffice developer working for OpenXchange) use two different table pardigm, while in ODF the XML is the same.
While Text documents we created explicitly the table (with columns) and row and cells.
In Spreadsheet documents we create a spreadsheet and futher on only the cells with the content, mostly ranges (square of cells).
[16:45] Svante Schubert: John: Change-Tracking on spreadsheet is not strickly speaking change-tracking, but provides a certain functionality as a change history (history worksheet). Only available if your workbook is shared workbook (old feature).
[16:46] Svante Schubert: John: Special mode to allow multiple user to edit different parts at the same time and allows to see changes, but not to accept/reject changes.
[16:49] John Haug: (Word versioning feature, removed as of Office 2007: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/what-happened-to-versioning-HA010219332.aspx
Word 2010+ "versioning", which is recovery of auto-saves of unsaved documents: http://office-watch.com/t/n.aspx?a=1480
Excel history / "tracked changes": http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/about-tracking-changes-HP005230064.aspx)
[16:49] Svante Schubert: Another story:
[16:49] Svante Schubert: From an implementation perspective I had once created aside of the DOM elements of ODF Toolkit some component objects, which created a tree hierarchy for itself, still linked to the XML start-elements.
Nowadays I likely would move everything to the DOM and work with additional interfaces on the generated typed DOM objects, e.g. TextPElement for <text>
[16:51] Patrick: Ths Excel history link reports as broken for me?
[16:51] Svante Schubert: John: Remove the trailing )
[16:53] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: bye
[16:53] Svante Schubert: byebye
[16:53] Peter Rakyta- MultiRacio Ltd.: bye