Subject: Re: 18.51 db:enable-sql92-check (ODF1.2)

Alex,

Alex Brown wrote:
> Patrick hi
>
> This raises a problem specific to ODF 1.2.
>
> How does referencing the SQL 2008 version invoke restrictions that were
> apparently only in force for SQL 92?

Not sure the restrictions changed between the two but will consult the
texts of both to discover the answer to that question.
> What is different about the behaviour if this attribute is set "true"
> rather than "false"?
>
> In other words, isn't this citation (and the note) here, wrong?

 From ODF 1.2 (draft, subject to change):

> The |db:enable-sql92-check| attribute specifies whether the names of
> tables, views, columns, and queries shall conform to [SQL].
>
> Note: This limitation restricts the character set to “a”-”z”,”A”-”Z”,
> “0”-”9” and “_” and additional database driver dependent characters.
>
> The defined values for the db|:enable-sql92-check| attribute are:
>
>    *
>
>       false: names of tables, views, columns and queries may not
>       conform to [SQL].
>
>    *
>
>       true: names of tables, views, columns and queries shall conform
>       to [SQL].

My understanding is that the citation was meant as a short hand for a
set of naming restrictions.

Leaving aside the citation question, is there anything unclear about the
definition of the attribute?

Thanks!

Hope you are at the start of a great week!

Patrick