Subject: Re: [office-formula] YEARFRAC again

Eike:
> > We can prevent both by not defining new basis numbers.

Andreas J. Guelzow
> Well, no, this does not prevent conflict. Applications will (and in
> other areas already have) define behaviours and functions that go beyond
> what one can do in Excel. So there is a potential for conflict. Avoiding
> any specification for items not defined by Excel just means that we add
> conflicts between other applications.

Fair enough.  That's quite true.  But I don't know of any applications that currently define any other basis numbers.  Are there any?

Lacking any specific applications that DO support other basis values, I think for THIS VERSION we should skip defining other basis values.  There are other areas where the need is more pressing, where there's functionality already in one app but different/nonexistent in another.  I want to be "function complete" by the end of this month... so I'd rather concentrate on functionality that IS in current apps.