Subject: Re: [office-formula] Who is on board?

On Thu, 2007-07-06 at 12:13 +0200, Eike Rathke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It seems to me that only David A. Wheeler, Robert Weir and me are left
> in this subcommittee. I'd love to be proven wrong though and eagerly beg
> for signs of life :-)

I gather you are looking for more than just existence...

> Unfortunately we have some more work to do on the draft, namely:
>
> - YEARFRAC algorithms description.
>   - assigned to: open

I am trying to find some understandable and good desciptions, but since
I do not have access to any recent version of MS Excel I can't create
those test spreadsheets that were discussed earlier.

> - Rewrite test cases as normative prosa.
>   - assigned to: open

I doubt you really want this done by a mathematician whose first
language is not English.

> - JIS/ASC description (it turned out that Excel does more/other things
>   than one would assume from the description it has).
>   - assigned to: myself
>
> - WEEKNUM definition according to our discussion back in February,
>   somehow we missed that.
>   - assigned to: myself
>
> It would be great if for the open YEARFRAC and test cases rewrite we'd
> find some(one|more) who'll jump on it.. I do have to focus on
> implementation now, also to align Calc with our spec in a timely manner,
> and investing some more weeks into the spec will not fit my schedule.
>
> Robert, two weeks ago or so I asked whether you could take the task to
> translate test cases into prosa, what do you think?

Andreas

--
"Liberty consists less in acting according to
one's own pleasure, than in not being subject

Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences
Concordia University College of Alberta