Subject: Enhanced search?

Greetings!

The current Enhance Search language reads:

> Effective document search requires richer description than simply
> plain-text content. While basic default metadata such as title or
> creator can be helpful, there is need for the possibility of richer,
> domain-specific, metadata. A legal office may want to include case
> information about a document, information about the plaintiffs, and so
> forth, all of which can facilitate enhanced search. They may also want
> to track relations among documents; for example, that between a final
> version and its draft original.

While the requirement states it specifically, I think we need to say
here that "richer, domain-specific, metadata" needs to be specified as
being applied to content.

Perhaps:

"While document level metadata such as title or creator are useful,
there is a need for metadata about specific content in the document."

I removed "domain-specific" because I don't think it adds anything to
the statement and could be interpreted as a limitation that all metadata
must have some defined domain. That may or may not be the case. An
author may associate metadata with content of a document that is
meaningful only to that author, separate and apart from any defined domain.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau