Subject: Splitting View and Model

Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> On Dec 19, 2006, at 3:57 AM, Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 -
> Hamburg wrote:
>
>> Which means: I don't have an opinion whether we need typed meta data
>> for ODF, but if we need it and if we want to display that meta data
>> within a document, then we need the localization features.
>
> BTW, there's also a second method to achieve this, which is to use a
> configuration file, which could even be an RDF or OWL schema that
> defines the range of the property as a datatype.

If we think of the content as the part to be shown (View) and the
metadata describing the Model, I would try to separate these as much as
possible. I am aware that there is no proof that this is better in
simply stating I would like to do it, only that this design is taken
ideas from the MVC design pattern.

According to this I would like to move the @content attribute value and
the date type completely to the metadata. Remember our example of
changing the Gregorian Calendar to the Japanese, where by theory the
content (View) does not have to be effected. But this is just a informal
note and no proof yet, I will continue later with the example of the
intersection of semantics.

Best regards,