Subject: My Proposal Review

1.1 has a to be discussed item:

[2beDiscussed: There is currently no validation mechanism of RDF/XML
consistency. In other words the plugin might have problems to guarantee for
the consistency data from other plugins, in other words can only guarantee
for his data.Furthermore, there is no validation about completeness of the
RDF/XML, only the plugin knows what is mandatory? ]

There's a validation mechanism for RDF/XML. Validation in that we can
ensure is valid RDF, but not whether it conforms to a specific ontology or
schema.

http://www.w3.org/RDF/Validator/

1.2.1 The use of rdf:about as elements anchors is incorrect.

It should be as we discussed on the call today meta:id

1.2.2.

""" When a text portion of the content is created from metadata or the text
portion is a metadata literal, which might reoccur in a RDF/XML file, the
text portion should handled by a metadata text field for reasons of data
integrity. """

I really don't understand either of these scenarios. This is where Svante
had said meta:about and meta:property were being relegated to and now I
read:

"""The optional attribute pair “rdf:about” and  rdf:property.
rdf:about represents the RDF subject IRI of the RDF statement and
“rdf:property” represents the RDF predicate IRI."""

They are optional? What can we possibly use this
meta:text-set-get-field-whatever if the attributes needed to construct a
triple are optional?

""" “meta:value-type” and “meta:value” """

value-type I'm assuming is analogous to meta:class discussed today in the
call. I think we don't need it (because we can specify that inside
RDF/XML).

with the same reasoning meta:value is not needed either since we can bind
that in the RDF/XML file.

"""“meta:impl”"""

This should not be needed either. We need to push this back to the RDF/XML.

"""In case a text portion is autogenerated by the RDF plugin and shall
therefore only be changed from the RDF plugin, the should be marked as a
metadata text field.
is based on metadata and the text is autogenerated by the plugin take
responsibility of the handling from the content, two additional elements
are provided: 'meta:text-get' and 'meta:text-set'."""

I definitely need examples for this. If a text portion is auto-generated by
an RDF plugin then what is it exactly that we need to do?

-Elias

patrick@durusau.net wrote on 02/19/2007 04:51:31 PM:

> Greetings!
>
> Well, due largely to long hours and hard work by Svante Schubert we now
> have a draft proposal for the Metadata SC to discuss!
>
> No doubt we will all have comments and suggestions and I know everyone
> knows how to use the mailing list. ;-)
>
> Please send comments and suggestions along with *proposed* revision
> language keyed to the section that you think needs revision. That will be
> great assistance in focusing discussion on particular parts of the
> proposal.
>
> Hope everyone is having a great day!
>
> Patrick
>
>  -- Patrick Durusau*
>
> The document named Metadata_Model_Proposal (07-02-19-ODF-MetaData.odt)
has