Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Linking in a vocabulary

Patrick,

On May 4, 2007, at 1:29 PM, Patrick Durusau wrote:

> Well, good examples of pointing to metadata but my question is about
> having metadata associated with content without having to do any
> explicit pointing.
>
> That is I have a default vocabulary that is applied to every matching
> string.
>
> I don't think I am doing a good job explaining this. Bruce, are you
> around?

I am now ;-)

OK, what about something like this?

<rdf:Description rdf:about="http://ex.net/bible/characters/God";>
   <rdf:value xml:lang="en">God</rdf:value>
   <dc:description xml:lang="en">A deity.</dc:description>
   <x:patternMatch>God</x:patternMatch>
</rdf:Description>

It seems like pattern-matching property (optionally a
regular-expression perhaps) is the only way to achieve what you're
after, and it turns out to be really simple of course.

SKOS and the WordNet stuff could be useful ways to layer additional
semantics on the descriptions.