Subject: Re: [office] Extensions and MIME types

Michael Brauer wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> there seem to be at least two sub topics that need to be discussed in
> our TC:
>
> a) Do we want to specify/recommend file name extensions, and if so,
> the ones OpenOffice.org suggests?
> b) There seem to exists some more document types than the ones where
> we currently specify MIME types for (namely formulas, master documents
> and web documents). Do we want to add them?
>
> Maybe Gary has some mor sub topics to discuss.
>
> Best regards
>
> Michael

Hi Michael,

I hope you're not thinking that i actually read the thousands of OOo
"comments" and "kind suggestions" concerning the new OASIS file
extensions?  :)

If we could settle the file extensions issue, i think i'll be able to
make the case for change.  But not without some blood in the streets :)

~ge~