Subject: Re: fields (was Re: [office-metadata] Multiple content nodesrepresenting on RDF subject)

Hi Bruce,

Bruce D'Arcus wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> On Jan 3, 2007, at 9:04 AM, Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 -
> Hamburg wrote:

>> Wouldn't it be an option to reference the meta data from the content
>> by adding text fields that make use of well defined structure of RDF?
>> If I want to display your last name, then I could write:
>>
>> <text:meta-field meta:about="..."
>> meta:property="v:n/v:family-name">D'Arcus</text:meta-field>
>
> In general, yes, in the sense that I like the idea of a generic field.
>
> But I might do the display logic differently, since you're using xpath
> here. Maybe something like this:

Well, the "v:n/v:family-name" was not meant to be an xpath, but only a path expression
which denotes the data to be displayed without xpointer (since it depends on the XML
representation) and without adding IDs or something like that (because this requires
adding these IDs to the metadata).

In principle, we must provide the same information that we would provide if the define the
metadata in the content, except that we don't provide the RDF object. Maybe RDF/A provides
some ideas how to do that.