Subject: ODF and National Archives

Greetings!

Hopefully not too much "off topic" but I thought TC members might like
to know that ODF has been chosen as the target preservation format by
the National Archives of Australia for documents.

They have an open source project that has produced software for others
to use in converting files.

See: http://xena.sourceforge.net

I took that to be a bright spot of news.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick

PS: The project addresses the preservation of a number of other formats
as well.

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Acting Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)
Co-Editor, OpenDocument Format (OASIS, ISO/IEC 26300)