Subject: Re: [office] Public comment #20 -- default print range in tables

On Sun, 2008-06-29 at 15:56 -0400, robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:

> What we have currently in section 8.1.1 is:
>
> "If the table is printed, the table range that actually is printed can
> be specified by table:printrange
> attribute (see following section). If this attribute is not existing,
> the used area of the table
> will be printed."
>

> This does not define what "used area of the table" is.
>
> We could define it as "The smallest rectangular range which contains
> all cells with background color, formula, value, or border".
>
> But is that true?  Or do applications print the range from A1 (upper
> left) to the row/column that encloses the furthest visible content?
>  In other words, the smallest rectangular region which contains cell
> A1 and all cells with  background color, formula, value, or border.
>
> There may not be agreement among implementations today on how this
> works.  If that is the case, we could indicate that this is
> implementation-defined.

At least some application have additional choices: at a minimum one can
usually choose whether "used are" looks only at content or also at
styles.

Andreas
--
"Liberty consists less in acting according to
one's own pleasure, than in not being subject

Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences
Concordia University College of Alberta