Subject: Resolution for Comments #1 on ODF 1.0 Errata 01 Committee Draft 02

Patrick,

please find below the proposal that resolves comment #1 from

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/200808/msg00052.html

The proposed new wording for the last two paragraphs of 17.5 is:

A relative-path reference *(as defined in ァ4.2 of [RFC3986], except
that it may contain the additional characters that are allowed in IRI
references [RFC3987])* that occurs in a file that is contained in a
package has to be resolved exactly as it would be resolved if the whole
package gets unzipped into a directory at its current location. The base
IRI for resolving relative-path references is the one that has to be
used to retrieve the (unzipped) file that contains the relative-path
reference.

*Every IRI reference that is not a relative-path reference does* not
need any special processing. This especially means that absolute-paths
do not reference files inside the package, but within the hierarchy the
package is contained in, for instance the file system. IRI references
inside a package may leave the package, but once they have left the
package, they never can return into the package or another one.

The changes are included into "*".

For this change, we additionally must include the following entry to the
bibliographic index in appendix B:

[RFC3987]	R. Fielding, L. Masinter, Uniform Resource Identifier (URI):
Generic Syntax, http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt, IETF, 2005.