Subject: RE: [office] ODF TC call agenda and duration

Michael,

With regard to (2), it seems that we may not need to extend the call times.
I'm basing that on the fact that we ended promptly and covered the specific
agenda items.  There is a problem with some of the standing agenda items.

I also felt that having time blocked out is an excellent idea, and it seemed
to work well in this call.  We were running far overtime on the errata
discussion, but deferral of resolution on 17.5 put us back on track.

I have two suggestions for expediting the work further:

1. Although straw polls are very useful, we found that they are difficult
during the call.  I think this may be because the practice is unfamiliar.  I
also think that it may be difficult to do quickly because it is challenging
when the working language is not the native language of all participants.
My recommendation that we make use of the TC list for straw polls as a way
to tell whether we seem prepared to come to a conclusion.  This will also
provide more time to confirm understanding of what the question is and have
thoughtful responses.

2. With regard to action items:  It might be useful to identify action items
for which movement is requested one or two calls in advance, and have
change, at most.

 - Dennis

Dennis E. Hamilton
NuovoDoc: Design for Document System Interoperability
mailto:Dennis.Hamilton@acm.org | gsm:+1-206.779.9430
http://NuovoDoc.com http://ODMA.info/dev/ http://nfoWorks.org