Subject: OpenDocument v1.2 part 1 draft 8

Dear TC members,

I've just uploaded ODF 1.2 part 1 draft 8, and the schemas that belong
to that draft.

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/30856/OpenDocument-v1.2-draft8d.odt
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/30857/OpenDocument-schemas-v1.2-draft8d.zip

This draft and the schemas include all proposals that have been agreed,
including the version attribute proposal we accepted on Monday.

It further contains a few corrections to existing descriptions, where I
noticed that the text we had was incorrect or not precise.

I've sometimes adapted the text we agreed, and of cause, all
changes I've made have to be reviewed by Patrick. For some proposals,
I've also added editorial notes with further explanations.

All changes that I've made are marked with a yellow
background color. The exception are only new headings, or minor
corrections, like spelling errors. Since the structure of the document
did not change compared to draft 7, it should also be possible to use
OpenOffice.org's document compare function (or that of another ODF
product) to get the changes as change tracking information.

I have successfully used the new schemas to validate a few documents. I
have further applied XSLT based tests that check that all elements and
attributes defined by the schema are also described by the
specification, and vice versa. And I have applied an XSLT based test
that checks whether all element and attribute names that are marked as
such actually are element and attribute names in the schema. In so far,
I believe that the specification and schemas are consistent.

In addition to the integration of proposal, I also did some clean up of
the styles that are used in the document.

There are a few proposals for which I would like to provide some notes:

Meta Data Proposals:

- I've made the grddl:transform attribute optional, because otherwise it
would have to be attached to all root elements, regardless whether the
stream contains metadata or not, and regardless whether there is style
sheet to refer.
- The datatype definitions for the CURIE datatypes were incomplete. To
correct this, I have directly translated the definitions from the
RDFa[1] specification into RNG.
- From the many child elements that <draw:frame> has, the metadata
proposal did only add an xml:id to <draw:image>. Since having an xml:id
there but not for <draw:object> etc. appears to be inconsistent, I've
added xml:id to all of the <draw:frame> child elements that define
content. At the same time, I did not add <draw:frame>, which had already
an xml:id, to list of elements where the ID should be preserved. The
reason is that adding <draw:fame> to that list would mean that for each
image or object there would be two IDs that have to preserved and
maintained, which seems to be superfluous.

svg:desc/svg:title for tables[2]

- I've adapted the namespace. The elements are now in the table
namespace. See also [3]

P.S.: The List of proposals in the Wiki already reflects the new state.
Those proposal that are still listed under "approved proposals" have at
least some information that effects part 3.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-syntax/#sec_B.1
[2] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200710/msg00065.html
[3] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200901/msg00173.html

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org