Subject: RE: [office] <style:default-style>, <style:default-page-layout>

Oliver,

I agree that it would be great for a processor to create explicit default
styles where there were none and its implementation default in the absence
of explicit default styles were relied on.

I gather that this is not a requirement of the specification and is left up
to implementers as a matter of good implementation citizenship.

Is that an accurate summary of the situation?

I did not understand that a proposal was forthcoming.  I thought the
understanding is that the default behavior in the absence of an explicit
default style (where one would be applicable if present) is
implementation-determined.  Is this expected to change in ODF 1.2?

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Oliver-Rainer.Wittmann@Sun.COM [mailto:Oliver-Rainer.Wittmann@Sun.COM]

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200904/msg00054.html
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2009 01:59
To: office@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi,

I did not get the problems that a new implementer of ODF would have due
to "interchange" its created documents with existing applications
supporting ODF.
To assure that the other ODF supporting applications get the same
default styles the new application should export its default values of
the attributes in the default styles.

Best regards, Oliver.

P.S.: I also expect that the existing ODF supporting applications will
change in the future and will also export all its default values of the
attributes in the default styles. If not, then the missing default
values should equal the ones we will define in the mentioned in-progress
proposal.

Patrick Durusau wrote:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200904/msg00048.html
[ ... ]