Subject: RE: [office] office-comment -> JIRA migration

Concerning subtasks and issue workflow, I was able to learn some things
about workflow and the benign way sub-tasks and parent tasks move through
stages independently and their connection is preserved.  I did this on the
OIC TC JIRA, and my summary is at
<http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/200905/msg00025.html>.

I'm not sure if all members of the ODF TC can browse the OIC TC JIRA, but
those of us who are on that TC can do so.

I am more comfortable adding comments to issues that go with the public
comments I am investigating.  It is not quite so visible as making new
issues or sub-tasks of issues, although commenting seems to generate as much
JIRA activity reporting to the ODF TC List as anything else.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis E. Hamilton [mailto:dennis.hamilton@acm.org]
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200905/msg00035.html
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2009 11:15
To: Michael.Brauer@Sun.COM; dennis.hamilton@acm.org
Cc: office@lists.oasis-open.org

Michael, I am considering just making comments, rather than get behind in
providing the actions on public comments that I have raised my hand for.

[ ... ]

With regard to subtasks, those are valuable when an item applies to more
than one ODF TC product.  It lets them be resolved individually.  If there
is a single item that involves, say, change to the ODF 1.2 draft and also a
potential erratum for a previous version, we shouldn't close the item until
both have occured.  This seems like it makes management difficult and the
solution is to split the tasks one way or another.  I don't know what
happens when an umbrella task is resolved or closed when its subtasks are
not.  I will see if I can find that out on the unused OIC JIRA where I might
have more privileges.

 - Dennis

[ ... ]