Subject: Re: [office] OpenDocument-v1.2-part3-draft12.odt

On 10/16/09 15:41, robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
> +1 for conducting the ballot.  Since approving a CD and sending it out to
> public review both require a Full Majority Vote, we should be able to do
> this in a single ballot.  But we will need some additional language in the
> ballot question.
>
> I think we have the main question as:
>
> "Shall the OASIS ODF TC approve ODF 1.2, Part III, Draft 12 as a Committee
> Draft and to send that Committee Draft out for a 60-day Public Review?"

Yes, that's correct.

> We then should also list the the URLs for the required 3 versions of the
> specification:
>
> Original Source:
> PDF:
> HTML

Yes, but I think that needs to be done when the ballot was successful.

> And also declare one of three versions of the specification be the
> authoritative document.

I suggest that this is the ODF version of the document.

> We also need a URL for the Schema files

For the ballot, we can include the zip file.

For the public review, they have to be available at a stable URI, and we
also have to adapt the URIs in the specification itself. But that is
also something I believe we can do when the ballot was successful.

> We are also asked, for the Public review, to recommend a list of "external
> stakeholders who should be notified of the review".  I suggest we name:
> the ODF Interoperability and Conformance TC, the ODF Adoption TC,
> JTC1/SC34, the International Digital Publishing Forum. and the W3C's
> WebApp WG.

Agreed. We should add this to your suggestion above.

> Regards,
>
> -Rob
>

> From:
> Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg <Michael.Brauer@Sun.COM>
> To:
> Michael.Brauer@Sun.COM
> Cc:
> office@lists.oasis-open.org
> Date:
> 10/16/2009 09:22 AM
> Subject:
> [office] OpenDocument-v1.2-part3-draft12.odt
> Sent by:
> Michael.Brauer@Sun.COM
>

> There are no known issues for part 3. I therefore propose that we
> conduct a Committee Draft ballot for this draft, and the corresponding
> schema files at:
>
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/34732/OpenDocument-v1.2-part3-draft12-schemas.zip
>

> I therefore make the motion that this ballot shall be conducted (as per
> our new standing rule).
>
> While I'm not making a motion for this right now, I believe that this
> draft is also a candidate for a public review of part 3.
>
> Best regards
>
> Michael
>

> On 10/16/09 15:10, Michael.Brauer@Sun.COM wrote:
>> This is OpenDocument v1.2 part 3 draft 12. Compared to draft 12, there
> are
>> only a few edits made by Patrick, and a few newly reported issues were
>> resolved. Most of them were related to the normative references, which
> have
>> (in general) been reviewed and updated based on the proposal Rob send
> out
>> some time ago.
>>
>> There is also an editor's version available,which contains the change
>> tracking information for the changes made since draft 11 (except those
> for
>> the external references).
>>
>>  -- Mr Michael Brauer
>>
>> The document named OpenDocument-v1.2-part3-draft12.odt has been
> submitted
>> by Mr Michael Brauer to the OASIS Open Document Format for Office
>> Applications (OpenDocument) TC document repository.
>>
>> Document Description:
>> OpenDocument v1.2 part 3 draft 12
>>
>> View Document Details:
>> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=34731
>>
>> Download Document:
>>
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/34731/OpenDocument-v1.2-part3-draft12.odt
>

>> PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email
> application
>> may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to copy and
> paste
>> the entire link address into the address field of your web browser.
>>
>> -OASIS Open Administration

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

	   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten