Subject: Re: [office] What was the story with missing default values for optional attributes again?

On 27.02.2013 10:06, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> Svante Schubert wrote:
>> The story goes back to RelaxNG problem from 2008, see below for details
>> [3,4].
>>
> Hi Svante,
>
> thanks for the background - yep, was aware of those mails -
>
>> The result from the extraction [5] is used for instance by the Apache
>> ODF Toolkit project (incubating). I have in mind, that Michael handed
>> all scrips over to Rob, right?
>>
> Would indeed be good to salvage those scripts, even better to have
> them somewhere public.
I believe the best is to bring the sources to the Apache ODF Toolkit,
where I already found the XSLT to extract default values from a single
file [1]. By doing so we have all sources at a single place, which is
important when fixes would be applied and developers wouldn't search for
development sources in the OASIS rep. It is only tooling around the spec
anyway.
> The attribute list in
> odfdom/src/codegen/resources/config.xml though does not appear to be
> complete at all?
AFAIK ODF does not specify a default value for every optional attribute.
I agree that this is problematic in terms of interoperability.
Do you have some examples?

PS: The editorial problems regarding default value once mentioned [2]
seem to be fixed in the ODF 1.2 specification.

Regards,
Svante

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/odf/trunk/xslt-runner/sample_xslt/add-default-values.xsl?view=markup