oic message

Subject: Re: [oic] Indications of Candidacy for TC Chair(s)

"Mary McRae" <marypmcrae@gmail.com> wrote on 10/07/2008 10:35:02 AM:

> To all prospective members of the Open Document Format Interoperability
and
> Conformance (OIC) TC:
>
> The first order of business at the inaugural TC meeting will be to elect
> chair (or two co-chairs). All individuals interested in serving as a
Chair,
> or in nominating another individual for the position of Chair, are
welcome
> to make that candidacy known, prior to the meeting, by posting a note to
the
> TC's e-mail list expressing their interest and/or intent along with a
brief
> statement of their qualifications. However, this is not required, and
the
> committee will be open to nominations from any qualified persons at its
> first meeting as well.

Thanks for sending that, Mary.

Although, as convenor of the TC, and principle author of its charter, one
might look on me as a natural candidate for chair, I think it would be a
very healthy thing if someone independent, i.e., not employed by an ODF
vendor, took on this role.  Although I'm certainly willing and able to
serve as chair, if that is the will of the TC, I'd gladly yield to any
qualified independent candidate who wishes to step up to a leadership
position.

If anyone wants to discuss the prospects privately with me, please do.  I
can describe what being a TC chair entails, anticipated time commitments,
etc.

Regards,

-Rob