oic message

Subject: RE: [oic] Non-Candidacy

I know that this is not how Mary's invitation reads, but I thought it would
clear the air: I am not available to serve as Chair of a TC at this point in
my participation as an OASIS member.

Although I don't see myself as a qualified candidate, I want to remove any
speculation about my possible interest and availability.

Having said that, I am keen about the purpose and scope of the OIC TC and
intend to participate heavily in those activities that can be accomplished
over telecommunications and the Internet.

Regards,

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: robert_weir@us.ibm.com [mailto:robert_weir@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 16:21
To: oic@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [oic] Indications of Candidacy for TC Chair(s)

[ ... ]

Although, as convenor of the TC, and principle author of its charter, one
might look on me as a natural candidate for chair, I think it would be a
very healthy thing if someone independent, i.e., not employed by an ODF
vendor, took on this role.  Although I'm certainly willing and able to
serve as chair, if that is the will of the TC, I'd gladly yield to any
qualified independent candidate who wishes to step up to a leadership
position.

[ ... ]