oic message

Subject: Re: [oic] some thoughts on test documents

Hello,

> Rob,
>
> > Maybe we want to talk to the OpenDocument Fellowship on this?  Maybe they
> > would relinquish the test case creation work to us, and instead take on
> > the testing of the applications against our test suite?  I think that
> > gives a needed separation of interests.
>
> Sounds good to me. Just the other day, I read this email on the
> fellowship's mailing list, stating that the test suite isn't maintained
> anymore:
>
> http://lists.opendocumentfellowship.com/pipermail/odf-discuss/2008-October/
>007771.html
>

> I mentioned the OIC on their mailing list, but I'll try to get in touch
> with the maintainers directly (unless someone on the OIC list happens to
> know Thomas Zander, Lotzi Boloni or Waldo Bastian really well ?)

I know Thomas Zander personally as he is working with me on KOffice. So I can
ask him if that was not already done. Please let me know.

We should very clearly check how valid the data in the testsuite is. Last time
I did some testing with it I had quite some troubles as parts of it where
created with a very old OpenOffice and the XML was not as it should have
been.

Thorsten