oic message

Subject: automating the writing of test cases

Title: automating the writing of test cases

Maybe this is too simplistic, but what about using comments/notes in a word processor + a wiki-style, very basic markup ?

If we simply open the ODF spec and add a note/comment on the part that contains a testable feature, and in the note itself we do something like

"
== Scenario
1. open app
2. insert table

== App
+ text
+ spreadsheet
- presentation

== RW
+ write
"

Then, using a small java or .net tool, we could parse the ODT, filter out the notes and the exact location in the spec and have a test scenario with your name on it, probably we can also parse the text for "may"/"should" and references to other spec

Only problem is that this doesn't work when you want to create a scenario that tests multiple aspects in different parts of the spec

Best regards,

Bart