oic message

Subject: RE: [oic] virtual ODF interop fest ?

Title: RE: [oic] virtual ODF interop fest ?

Hi,

Well, the http://www.oasis-open.org/who/interop_demo_policy.php
mentions interop fests (at the bottom of the page) as a somewhat
informal way to improve standards... (not to be confused with the
formal "interop demos")

I also like the idea of permanent plugfests (that's like having
continuous integration builds for software :-), but in addition
I think it would be good to have one big event once a year, or at
least one kick-off to get things started:

- this would draw the attention (= big red circle in agendas)
- and if the OIC members are actively involved during that peak
of test productivity (yes, I'm so naive), we could explain the
other participants the OASIS IPR rules and gently urge them to
send their remarks to the comment list like Dennis suggested
(eliminating any dicussion on IPR, and probably after doing
some summarizing or cleansing)

Anyway, regardless of "permanent" or "once", I hope this would
be of interest to people who may not be interested in the rest
of our hard work.

Best regards,

Bart

PS: And I do promise not to sing, regardless the theme song :-)
Although "why don't you try me (Sara Beth/Frankie Miller)"
comes in mind. Oh well, as long as we don't end up in the
"Land of Confusion (Genesis)"