oic message

Subject: RE: [oic] Discussion: Types of Scenarios

Hi Dennis,

>2.  APPLICATION SCENARIOS

(...)
> I don't think the plugfest documents that I've seen are archetypical
> in this sense.  They seem more contrived than that.
> They are also clearly useful for confirming certain capabilities, but
> they strike me as designed specifically to test coherently-interoperable
> support of ODF features.

Well, the scenarios are of course way shorter than a full length, "real"
document would be and tend to focus on one or two aspects, mostly
for pratical reasons: for the let's-quickly-see-if-it-breaks activities, one
doesn't want to type in a shiny 10 page document ...

Note that the plugfest scenarios aren't that artificial actually.
(I've seen people doing the strangest things with their office suites)

And of course these scenarios are mostly targeted at features that
have known interop issues, or with someone making an educated
guess that a certain scenario will yield interesting results...
*evil grin*

But you do have a point, for the purposes of the OIC, they should
be more complete, a bit longer, more precise etc.

Best regards

Bart