oic message

Subject: test documents

Hi,

I'm working on a handful of small test documents for ODF 1.2, which I'd like to submit
to the TC if it could be useful for our purposes, more or less like the 1.1 experiments
that are currently stowed away in the deep trenches of the OASIS SVN...

Some notes, however:

- in the ideal world, these should be nicely annotated with metadata and/or assertions,
using the work from the TAG TC etc, embedded in a procedure... and indeed this is
something we should do.

The set I'm working on is intended for some bug hunting in office applications, getting
sample documents, finding out more about ambiguity in the spec etc... more like the
open document fellowship test suite (but not biased to any implementation), and will
lack those features (not because I don't find them valuable, but merely due to time
constraints...)

Using a postal delivery analogy: this will be like handing over a package to Mad Max
instead of UPS...

- I'd like to start with following the structure of the ODF specs, sprinkling symbolic links
all over the place (part3/2/8 <= packages/preview_image) since that kind of works for
me. Now, I'm not sure if SVN handles this nicely, and even if it does, what will happen
when someone does a checkout on, say, a NTFS file system (NTFS has support for
links, but at least in Vista, one has to apparently be admin to get similar behavior)

(Note that I'm not trying to impose this set: I'd merely like to contribute the work I'll be
doing anyway, in case someone else might find it useful. If this would confuse people,
then I'll just host it elsewhere :-)

Best regards,

Bart