oic message

Subject: RE: [oic] test documents - Symbolic Links?

I don't understand from that brief paragraph what it is you are looking for
with regard to symbolic links?

What is it that works for you?  Can you be more specific?  Maybe if you can
abstract your requirement into some sort of scenario, we can figure out how
to satisfy it?

I'm definitely unclear what this has to do with inodes or other forms of
linking a node of a file system to somewhere else.  I can't imagine an SVN
client mucking about at this level (although links might be in a working
set, I assume that's invisible to the client, which wouldn't know that links
had been planted that way.  Of course .svn integrity could be really screwed
up if linking was done in a bad way.  And I doubt that the SVN server lets
you at such things either.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Hanssens Bart [mailto:Bart.Hanssens@fedict.be]
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/200912/msg00017.html
Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2009 08:03
To: oic@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [oic] test documents

[ ... ]

- I'd like to start with following the structure of the ODF specs,
sprinkling symbolic links
all over the place (part3/2/8 <= packages/preview_image) since that kind of
works for
me. Now, I'm not sure if SVN handles this nicely, and even if it does, what
will happen
when someone does a checkout on, say, a NTFS file system (NTFS has support
for
links, but at least in Vista, one has to apparently be admin to get similar
behavior)

[ ... ]