oic message

Subject: RE: [oic] encryption of Thumbnails/thumbnail.png

I think the idea with the thumbnail is that there may well be utilities and
tools that present Thumbnails/thumbnail.png without consulting the manifest
and without knowing that the file is encrypted.  So Thumbnails/thumbnail.png
should probably not ever be encrypted since it will be marked as
uncompressed and extract as garbage in such situations.  (I am mildly
baffled that it wasn't just called "preview.png") and given the same special
status as the "mimetype" Zipped file, though.  Too late, in any case.)

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Hanssens Bart [mailto:Bart.Hanssens@fedict.be]
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/200912/msg00036.html
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2009 10:06
To: dennis.hamilton@acm.org; oic@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [oic] encryption of signature files

[ ... ]

Part 3 mentions that, for encrypted documents, Thumbnails/thumbnail.png
may be a dummy one (but I haven't seen a statement that one isn't allow to
simply encrypt that one as well, although that might cause some trouble for
environments trying to show the preview, so probably not a good idea)

Best regards,

Bart