oic message

Subject: Re: [oic] odf 1.2 part 3, packages, features

Let's see if we can move closer together on our definition of ODF 1.2 part 3 features.
I try a different approach to narrow our target:

To check the full feature coverage of part 3, let's take the headings from the content table of part 3 to relate features to.
(actually it is an ideal metadata scenario, relating a type to the all existing text of part3 but the implementation are not ready, yet)

For now I copy/pasted the content table, while dropping the unrelated section from the beginning and end of the spec and used empty lines for the separation of features.

Bold is text added by myself.

During drafting I found two definitions useful for testing:
a) Features that are defined/explained in detail outside the spec are called for now "External Defined feature"
For those we might hope to find  external test cases as well

b) There are conditions within the text, which could be extracted for testing purpose
I indicated them by IF..THAN.. (e.g. IF package starts with uncompressed file..THEN.. ) with the special conditional case of an
external condition a test won't be able to verify from the package itself (e.g. IF package has a mimetype), but have to be part of the test documentation.

Without being able to be complete at this stage, we might start with the following:

2 Packages    11
2.1 General    11
    External Defined Feature: ZIP File feature (e.g. compression)

    Documents & Subdocument (interesting for application behavior when adding and removing them)

2.2 Manifest    11
    /META-INF/manifest.xml (content table - details will follow)

2.3 MIME Media Type    11
    IF Package has mimetype (External condition) THAN
        FILE '/mimetype' SHALL contain mimetype as string
    IF Package starts with uncompressed file AND no data in header  THAN
        SHALL exist ..certain-byte-order.. with mimetype AND FILE '/mimetype' SHALL have identical mimetype string

2.4 Encryption    12
2.4.1 General    12
2.4.2 Default Encryption Algorithm    12 (External Defined Feature - RFC 3174, RFC 2898, Blowfish)

2.5 Digital Signatures    12      (External Defined Feature - W3C XmlDSig)

2.6 Metadata    12     (External Defined Feature - W3C RDF)

2.7 Usage of IRIs Within Packages    13

2.8 Preview Image    14

3 Manifest File    15
3.1 Introduction    15
3.2 <manifest:manifest>    15
3.3 <manifest:file-entry>    15
3.4 <manifest:encryption-data>    15
3.5 <manifest:algorithm>    16
3.6 <manifest:start-key-generation>    16
3.7 <manifest:key-derivation>    16
3.8 Manifest Attributes    17
3.8.1 manifest:algorithm-name    17
3.8.2 manifest:checksum    17
3.8.3 manifest:checksum-type    17
3.8.4 manifest:full-path    18
3.8.5 manifest:initialisation-vector    18
3.8.6 manifest:start-key-generation-name    18
3.8.7 manifest:key-size    19
3.8.8 manifest:iteration-count    19
3.8.9 manifest:key-derivation-name    19
3.8.10 manifest:media-type    20
3.8.11 manifest:preferred-view-mode    20
3.8.12 manifest:salt    21
3.8.13 manifest:size    21
3.8.14 manifest:version    21

4 Digital Signatures File    22 (External Defined Feature - W3C XmlDSig)
4.1 Introduction    22
4.2 <dsig:document-signatures>    22
4.3 <xmldsig:Signature>    22

5 Metadata Manifest Files    23 (External Defined Feature - W3C RDF)
5.1 pkg:Document    23
5.2 pkg:File    23
5.3 pkg:MetadataFile    23
5.4 pkg:Element    23