oic message

Subject: OIC TC 2010-05-05 Meeting Minutes

OIC COORDINATION CALL
Date:  Wednesday 5 May 2010
Time:  13:30 - 14:30 UT

1. LOGISTICS
   ---------

The chat room: <http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/oic>
 (doesn't count for attendance)

The call-in numbers: <http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/200903/msg00017.html>
Meeting agendas also provide the pass codes and the call-in numbers:
<http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/201005/msg00000.html>

The action items (log-in required):
<http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oic/members/action_items.php>

1.1 ROLL CALL AND QUORUM CHECK
Five of the 9 Voting Members were required for a quorum.  At the roll call, 6 of 9 Voting Member were present and the quorum was satisfied.

    MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE

    * Bart Hanssens, Fedict (Chair)
    * Donald Harbison, IBM
    * Mingfei Jia, IBM
      Robert Weir, IBM
    * Dennis Hamilton, Individual (Secretary)
      Daniel Rentz, Oracle Corporation
    * Andrew Rist, Oracle Corporation
    = Svante Schubert, Oracle Corporation
    * Louis Suarez-Potts, Oracle Corporation

      [* = Voting Member at start of meeting (6)
       + = becoming Voting Member at conclusion of meeting (0)
       = = Persistent Non-Voting Member (1)]

    MEMBERS ABSENT

      Charles Schulz, Ars Aperta
      Alex Wang, Beijing Sursen International
      Jeremy Allison, Google Inc.
    * Andreas Guelzow, Individual
      Peter Junge, Individual
      Thorsten Zachmann, Individual
    * Cherie Ekholm, Microsoft
      Doug Mahugh, Microsoft
      Eric Patterson, Microsoft
      Alan Clark, Novell
    = Michael Brauer, Oracle Corporation
    * Bernd Eilers, Oracle Corporation
      Tom Rabon, Red Hat
      Jerry Smith, US Department of Defense

      [* = Voting Member at start and end of meeting (3)
       - = Voting Member becoming non-voting Member at end of meeting (0)
       = = Persistent Non-Voting Member (1)]

1.2 ACCEPTANCE OF PREVIOUS MEETING MINUTES

Minutes for the 2010-04-07 Meeting, approved without objection
<http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/201004/msg00021.html>

1.3 ACCEPTANCE OF TODAY'S AGENDA: approved without objection
<http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/201005/msg00000.html>

2. STATUS OF ACTION ITEMS

#0015 Template Scenarios.  Still on hold.

#0026-0027.  No report.

#0033 Best Practices for Document Authors.  In progress.

#0034 Interop Demo Videos.  In progress.

#0037 ODF Plugfest Spain.  CLOSED.  Report is part of today's agenda.

#0038 Clean OTT specification template.  Work in progress.

#0039 NEW: Determine the status of Interoperability Profile CDs that were approved and not posted to OASIS site.

3. STATE OF INTEROPERABILITY REPORT (60-day public review ends on 2010-05-08)

3.1 Review of Public Comments
There has been only one comment so far, from Martin D. Chapman,
< http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic-comment/201004/msg00000.html>.
There are some items in Chapman's comment that we could address.  We could make some corrections and go to a short (15-day) Public Review on changes, or set a date in the future and revise it then.
   There were questions whether we needed statements of support to go to Committee Specification.  It is determined that we do not.

3.2 Next Steps
Along with discussion the one Public Comment, we note that we have 8 Open JIRA issues on the State of Interoperability.  Some of these may have been resolved but simply haven't been moved through the workflow since they all appear as New and Unresolved.  Rob will review these.

4. ODF 1.1 INTEROPERABILITY PROFILE
The current version is ODF 1.1 Interoperability Profile v1.0 CD02 rev.03 uploaded April 4.
< http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=37164>

We noticed that we don't know where CD01 and CD02 ended up on OASIS.  Bart will follow up (new action #0039).

We discussed the scope question and whether or not the Interoperability Profile as currently targeted is in scope for the OIC TC.  Rob suggested that this is not a question for the TC.  If there is a question about scope, it needs to be taken to OASIS.

Cherie Ekholm was not on the call to let us know any recent thinking she has on the objection about what the Profile is addressed to.

Svante said he had comments on the Profile draft, but he wanted to discuss with Bart to see what was appropriate, and then make any JIRA issues that are appropriate.  They will do that off-line.

There are 8 JIRA issues on the Interoperability Profile at the moment.

We agreed to review the latest draft, CD02-rev03 and the JIRA issues.

5. ODF PLUGFEST IN SPAIN, April 15-17
< http://plugfest.opendocsociety.org/doku.php?id=plugfests:201004_granada:info>
Bart reported on the presentations and discussions with participants.
There was discussion of how Aspose will participate, upgrades to Office Shots, the YEARFRAC.
Svante reported that he talked about the ODFDOM work and he mentioned that editing problems around RDF and what to do with RDF when a document is being edited came up.  His view was that RDF in ODF should not be overspecified and issues, completing ODF 1.2 and then solving these problems later.

6. ROUND TABLE
Rob suggested we need to devote a meeting to saying what we want to be doing as a committee over the next six months, picking the top three to make our focus through the end of the year, say.  We would need to figure out how to deal with ODF 1.2 coming out in that period too.
  We were reminded that one of our chartered activities is test cases for all parts of the standards.  That would be valuable for ODF 1.2 DSig, OpenFormula, and other identified components.  We need test documents to make available.
  We started talking about the DSig case, having a gallery of documents signed by different applications, etc.
  For OpenFormula we could look at the approach taken with YEARFRAC, building test cases that test paths through the requirements.  (See <http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/201004/msg00023.html>.)

7. FUTURE MEETING PLANNING
The next meeting will be on 2010-05-19 and at the same time (1330-1430 UT).

Respectfully submitted,

 - Dennis E. Hamilton