oic message

Subject: Re: [oic] comments on test files

Hanssens Bart <Bart.Hanssens@fedict.be> wrote on 03/21/2011 04:56:31 AM:

> I was wondering if there are comments on the test files kindly
> donated by Microsoft:

First, I'd like to thank Cheri and Microsoft for providing these test
files.  I've been on vacation recently so I have not had a chance to look
at them in depth, but I am familiar with the general scope of that corpus
from when we reviewed them at the Plugfest.

> - is the license OK for our purposes ?

I think it is fine for us individually to use the files for testing.  But
it is not sufficient for using them in an OASIS work product.  They would
need to be formally contributed to the TC for that to happen.  If I
understand correctly, this might be a possibility if other TC members
would agree to also contribute their test files.

> - have people opened the files in another ODF-product ? if so, what
> were the results ?

Nothing yet.

> - are there other vendors planning to produce a similar set of documents
?

I'm investigating.  I'd like to push as well for the idea I raised a few
weeks ago, of developing a small, targeted collection of parallel
documents from each ODF application, including each released version of
each application.

Regards,

-Rob