oic message

Subject: Re: [oic] Re: absent members

<oic@lists.oasis-open.org> wrote on 03/22/2013 06:04:54 PM:

> Sent by: <oic@lists.oasis-open.org>

> On 13-03-22, at 14:56 , Chris Rae <Chris.Rae@microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all - on the Microsoft side, we'd quite like to retain a couple
> of people just in case I am hit by a bus or on holiday or some such.
> So I'd quite like to retain Cherie, but we could get rid of Eric and
> Doug, I think.
>
> Thanks Chris; but it's up to you guys, I think, given the laissez-
> faire policies at play here.

Something to keep in mind:  a TC member still brings value to the standard, even if they do not attend meetings.  The way the OASIS IPR policy is written, patent obligations are based on membership, not attendance.  So having prominent companies on the roster is a good thing.

Of course, there is nothing that requires that we enumerate all absent members in the meeting minutes.  It would be sufficient to just list those present in the meeting.

-Rob