oic message

Subject: Re: [oic] In search of a new Chair

Bart,

On 2013-05-27, at 08:04 , Hanssens Bart <Bart.Hanssens@fedict.be> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> It's been a real privilege to serve as the OIC TC Chair, but due to recent budget cuts,
> Fedict will most likely not renew its OASIS Membership when it expires on December 3rd.

I'm sorry to hear this, both because I shall regret your departure but also because it seems so misguided, to cut in this manner.

> So this leaves me with another 6 months to do some work on ODF interoperability,
> and I'd like to know if there are any volunteers for chairing this TC  ?

I volunteer. I think I'll have enough time and that my obvious lack of coding skill (if not standards buzzwords) shouldn't prove an obstacle to urging others to do work :-)

> Best regards,
>
> Bart

cheers,
Louis