oic message

Subject: Advisory 00008: Digital Signature Namespace

For Advisory 00008, there are some test documents that show META-INF/documentsignatures.xml namespace problems with some ODF consumers.

There are also some question about whether the demonstration files actually have good signatures, though, since current ODF consumers do not recognize or accept them for other reasons.

Action Item #0047 is to see if ODF Toolkit can be used to confirm the signatures of those documents.  On the last call I agreed to check on the status there.  I don't think that using ODF Toolkit is possible at this time.

 - Dennis

Apache ODF Toolkit (incubating) Digital Signature Support

There is an ODF Toolkit 0.6 Release Candidate under review.  Any adjustments before release will not have anything to do with functionality.

I believe that there is schema support for digital signatures in ODF Toolkit 0.6, but there is no code to actually verify or create signatures.  I have not checked this with the release-candidate code itself, however.

Here's what I have so far:

The 0.6 Release Candidate CHANGES.txt document features addition of encryption/decryption support but does not indicate any digital-signatures support nor any API for it:
<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/odf/tags/0.6-incubating-rc6/CHANGES.txt>.

There is a related JIRA issue, ODFTOOLKIT-199 that is related to digital signatures but I think it has to do with the inclusion of the dsig schema for use in generating objects that can be used to access or populate a META-INF/documentsignatures.xml file:
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ODFTOOLKIT-199>.

However, the following issues remain open:
ODFTOOLKIT-67: Add support for digital signature creation/verification
ODFTOOLKIT-316: Patches for Enryption and Digital Signature Support
  and possibly others

<end/>