Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Interoperability versus Conformity

2008/6/11 Sam Johnston <samj@samj.net>:

> I think that your comments on the Acid Test are on the mark, though it could
> be preferable to capture the enthusiasm now rather than stifling/deferring
> it

Seconded. (I was about to write something like this.) Capturing
enthusiasm right now is *very important*. It can be filtered later -
but pre-filtering kills input.

This means a wiki, a shared Google doc, anything to act as Massively
Multiplayer Online Notepad to capture immediate ideas. Something at
all right now is better than The Perfect Right Thing later.

Everyone has an idea of what interoperability is and isn't (i.e. they
know very well when something isn't), even if they don't have the
words at the top of their minds ready to write.

There's calls out across the net for people to come to this list and
look at what's going on - harnessing (and slightly directing) that
enthusiasm is vitally important, because it won't keep if quashed.

- d.