openc2-actuator message

Subject: SLPF: 'Generic' commands

BACKGROUND:
Early in the profile development, the subcommittee adopted a bottoms up approach where the profiles would be 'complete' and as time progresses, we would define the 'generic' profile on analysis of existing profiles.
Later it was decide that the SLPF would be a 'specialized' profile and it would refer to a generic profile for more general commands
Post CSD 1, we have a specialized profile, but we do not have a generic profile to refer to and the Language SC has a comment along the lines of removing the generic profile section from the language specification

ISSUE:  A 'specialized' profile w/o a generic profile to reference is untenable.

RESOLUTION:  In the interest of having a workable profile, suggest putting the command 'update file' in the SLPF profile.

VR

Joe Brule