openc2-actuator message

Subject: SLPF: Responses: How it fits in the organization of section two

The current text of the SLPF states " This section organized into three major subsections; Components, Response and Commands " but as the document evolved, the components ended up all over the place.

A LOT of track changes were a result of moving tables and paragraphs from section 3 into section two, became unreadable so I 'accepted deletions' in the cases where I was simply moving it.

An issue came up when working with "Section 2.2 Response"
There is a bit of the chicken and egg thing here. You need some a-priori knowledge of the responses when you are talking about specific commands, but a lot of the responses do not make sense unless it is in the context of a particular command...

What do you think about this: Have a table that summarizes the responses then have text that indicates that the response is explained in more detail in the command section.  If we wanted to get more sophisticated, we could have a link in each row of the table to the particular command.
Another way to do it is have commands first then the response section summarize all of the responses in the command section.  Again, you run into the 'chicken and egg' thing....

Need your guidance.

VR

Joe Brule