orms message

Subject: Minute of 5/14 telecon

Dear all,

I made a minute of the telcon yesterday.
Please freely add your remarks if I missed.

Best,
Tatsuki

----
Adgenda

1. Roll Call
2. Discussion about the charter change proposal submitted by Jeff/Dorothy
3. Discussion about the next step

1. Roll Call

Barnhill, Mr. William
Jeff Broberg
Daniela Bourges Waldegg
Michael Mcintosh
Henrik Biering
Lauren Davis
Jeff Hodges
Dorothy Gellert
Frederick Hirsh
Nat Sakimura
Tatsuki Sakushima
Will Tan

2. Discussion about the charter change proposal submitted by Jeff/Dorothy

Fred: What is the concerns in the charter change?
Nat: 1. We are still not consistent in terminology we use.
     2. Taking change will broad our scope.
Dorothy/Fred: don't think the proposal won't change the scope.
Bill: Seconded.
Jeff: suggested requesting the TC admin to hold a vote to accept the Jeff and Dorothy's proposal sent on email on May 10th to adopt a charter clarification.
All: agreed.
Nat: will contact the TC admin.

3. Discussion about the next step

Jeff: suggested to gather reference documents for TC work.

      -Research papers from BYU
      -Bibliography from IBM Zurich

Jeff: also suggested that TC needs to work on use cases to narrow down our scope and to get us on the same page.
Bill: commented that there is the feature to upload reference documents in Kavi.
Jeff: will upload the papers he introduced.

Tatsuki: suggested to start terminology work.
Jeff: volunteers to create a terminology wiki page.
Bill: submitted two use case documents.

Nat: asked if terminology and use case works could go parallel.
Bill: volunteers to be an editor and a collector of use cases.

--
Tatsuki Sakushima
NRI Pacific - Nomura Research Institute America, Inc.