orms message

Subject: Reputation Model + Comments

Title: Reputation Model + Comments

OK - I'm now posting this as a member of the group

Hi All,
I've just joined this group with Observer status since I don't have a lot of time to work on it. I work for the European Network and Information Security Agency (ENISA) and have some experience in =
reputation systems esp security and privacy issues (a report I co-edited =
is one of your refs). I wanted to contribute a couple of things.

1. A while back I sketched (see attachment) - a language which fits a lot of your use-cases - it's quite skeletal but I think it has some useful ideas. Don't be put off by the vote terminology - it's about reputation, not e-voting. This was just a personal project and not part of any larger initiative.
2. I saw some of the discussions and I wanted to say I think it's very important that any protocol is symettric - in the sense that you can a. nest/recurse reputation as much as you want and b.check reputation =
reciprocally.
3. Reputation is fundamentally about agreggated beliefs on an assertion. There should therefore be work on integrating with SAML.

Any thoughts on the attached welcome. I'd be happy to join a call and take people through it some time (but not in the next couple of weeks probably as I'm very busy),

Regards,

Giles Hogben
(See attached file: reputation2.pdf)

reputation2.pdf