orms message

Subject: Re: [orms] Reputation Model + Comments

Giles - what are your thoughts on how to reflect the "strength of belief" in the reputation vote?  What are your thoughts on how to reflect the reputation of the voter in that entity's reputation vote?

Regards,
Chris Daly
Technical Competency Lead for Security - IBM Software Group
tel:  301-240-2610 t/l 372
fax:  301-240-3350 t/l 372
cell: 301-524-6691
Gaithersburg, MD

"Giles Hogben" <Giles.Hogben@enisa.europa.eu>

06/18/2008 10:34 AM

<orms@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
[orms] Reputation Model + Comments

OK - I'm now posting this as a member of the group

Hi All,
I've just joined this group with Observer status since I don't have a lot of time to work on it. I work for the European Network and Information Security Agency (ENISA) and have some experience in =
reputation systems esp security and privacy issues (a report I co-edited =
is one of your refs). I wanted to contribute a couple of things.

1. A while back I sketched (see attachment) - a language which fits a lot of your use-cases - it's quite skeletal but I think it has some useful ideas. Don't be put off by the vote terminology - it's about reputation, not e-voting. This was just a personal project and not part of any larger initiative.
2. I saw some of the discussions and I wanted to say I think it's very important that any protocol is symettric - in the sense that you can a. nest/recurse reputation as much as you want and b.check reputation =
reciprocally.
3. Reputation is fundamentally about agreggated beliefs on an assertion. There should therefore be work on integrating with SAML.

Any thoughts on the attached welcome. I'd be happy to join a call and take people through it some time (but not in the next couple of weeks probably as I'm very busy),

Regards,

Giles Hogben
(See attached file: reputation2.pdf)
generates this mail.  You may a link to this group and all your TCs in OASIS
at:

reputation2.pdf