orms message

Subject: Re: [orms] FYI: Craig Newmark calls Reputation System as "the killingestof the killer apps"

Thanks Dee,

Probably we should. We will talk about it on the TC call.

=nat

(2010/03/24 22:00), Dee Schur wrote:
0254D460DE8E435D9D185BBED0B6F46B@deeschur" type="cite">

Hi Nat,

Very interesting article -- I am happy to help with outreach.

Best,

Dee

Dee Schur, Member Support
http://www.oasis-open.org
+1.978.667.5115 x211

From: Nat Sakimura [mailto:n-sakimura@nri.co.jp]
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 3:49 AM
To: orms@lists.oasis-open.org

<quote>

Newmark called some form of distributed trust system “the killingest of killer apps” for the web over the next decade (he said he wasn’t sure that was the best way to describe it, but was trying out to see how it sounded). He talked about “reputation and trust ruling the web, just the way it does in real life,” and how he was looking to big players such as Google, Facebook and Amazon as the kinds of entities that would have the scale to handle such a distributed trust or reputation management network. </quote>

(source: http://gigaom.com/2010/03/18/craig-newmark-on-the-webs-next-big-problem/ )

To see such an article is very encouraging. At the same time, we have to move fast, and also try to involve more players.

--
Nat Sakimura (n-sakimura@nri.co.jp)
Nomura Research Institute, Ltd.