oslc-promcode message

Subject: Re: [oslc-promcode] Comments on Proposed Change to Measure

Hi Arthur,

Thank you for your comment.
After we have discussed about this topic, we are now thinking that using
URI instead of String might be a better way. We also think that rdf:type
will be used instead of dcterms:type to express the extended type of each
resource type in PROMCODE.
For example, if a user wants to use a Measure with type="code size" and the
unit="kloc". The resource can be expressed like:

<promcode:Measure>
   <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://aaa.com/pm#CodeSize"/>
   <promocode:unit rdf:resource="http://aaa.com/pm#Kloc"/>
</promcode:Measure>

The resource has two rdf types Measure and CodeSize so that the client can
understand the actual meaning of the resource. The same usage of rdf:type
will be used for other types like ScopeItem.
Please let us know your thought. We are still discussing this topic and
would like to get the final decision at the next call on August 19.

regards
Masaki Wakao (若尾 正樹)
STSM, Rational Development, Tokyo Software Development Laboratory, SWG, IBM
E-Mail: wakao@jp.ibm.com Phone: 080-6706-8299 (Tie: 206-8299)